CAPTAIN AMERICA’s Frank Grillo Confirmed for THE RAID Remake

frankgrillotheraidremake

It has been announced that Frank Grillo, a villainous HYDRA agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones of Captain America: The Winter Soldier has signed on to star in the remake of The Raid.

Grillo, who broke out in the last few years thanks to Warrior and The Grey, told various outlets a little bit about his future appearances such as his next big release, The Purge: Anarchy and The Raid remake, of course.

“Well, I do know that I’ve signed on for multiple films, so yeah, it looks that way, but that’s about as much as I’m allowed to say,”

Grillo said.

The actor confirmed that he has indeed joined the cast of the follow-up to Gareth Evans‘ action-packed The Raid 2, and revealed his martial arts background will be put to good use in the another movie remake:

“What people don’t know is that I’m a blackbelt in jujitsu, which I’ve been for 20 years, and I’ve been boxing since I’ve been 15 years old – those are things that come natural to me. Believe it or not, I just got hired to do [the remake of] The Raid…I loved [the original]…we’ve got to do this justice. It’s a fanboy favorite.”

It was recently announced that the U.S. remake had been put on hold and the other that its possible stars could include Anthony Mackie, Luke Evans, Ethan Hawke and Grillo, himself. He confirmed:

“Yes, we were going to do it in September in Malaysia with Screen Gems. Great script, Patrick Hughes, a hot young director from Australia, he’s directing it and rewriting it at the moment. We pushed it to January just because of how much time we need. It’s me and maybe [Anthony] Mackie, so we may be reteaming from Captain America.”

Maybe I’m being narrow minded or something, but I have a gritty feeling they’re going to turn it into usual watered down action movie, with a big budget and glossy photography.

The 51-year-old actor will next be seen in the horror sequel The Purge: Anarchy, hitting theaters on July 18.