Lionsgate has Confirmed a Sequel to JOHN WICK with Keanu Reeves

Sequel To 2014 Breakout Hit

Told ya so: Keanu Reeves isn’t opposed to sequels. Well, now it’s official: Lionsgate confirmed a sequel to John Wick which will see Keanu return.

Original directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch are already in development on John Wick 2 written by original screenwriter Derek Kolstad.

Read the full press release below:

LIONSGATE RELOADS “JOHN WICK 2”

Keanu Reeves, Directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski Return

SANTA MONICA, Calif, May 4, 2015 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF) has confirmed plans to produce a sequel to 2014’s critically-acclaimed breakout hit “JOHN WICK,” it was announced today by Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger, Co-Chairmen of the Theatrical Motion Pictures Group. Keanu Reeves along with directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski as well as screenwriter, Derek Kolstad are set to return for the sequel. The film will be released through Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment and will be produced by Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk, who produced the first film.

In the follow up to last year’s adrenaline-fueled revenge and redemption thriller, legendary hit man John Wick is back.

“With such tremendous fan and critical support for ‘John Wick,’ we knew that there was still so much more of this story to tell,” said Jason Constantine, President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions. “We are thrilled that Keanu, David and Chad have re-teamed with us and promise to bring audiences even more excitement the second time around.”

Jason Constantine and Eda Kowan at Lionsgate will oversee the project on behalf of the studio.

Lionsgate International will be selling the picture internationally at the upcoming Cannes Film Market.

Good news. I just hope they get a good story to go with it.