Weekend Box Office: ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Nabs $150M Debut
Universal Pictures’ Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom earned $150 million in ticket sales from 4,475 theaters in North America this weekend, claiming the No. 1 spot with ease. The Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard-led summer tentpole about cloned dinosaurs now has a worldwide total of $711.5 million. The J.A. Bayona-directed sequel is the fourth biggest opening of the year, coming in behind only Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther, and Incredibles 2. Critics’ reviews were mixed, though audiences gave it an A-minus CinemaScore.
Disney/Pixar‘s Incredibles 2 fell roughly 56% in its sophomore outing, bringing its domestic total to $350.3 million over 10 days.
Warner Bros. Pictures‘ female-led heist movie Ocean’s 8 fell to third place with $11.6 million.
Rounding out the top five this weekend are Warner Bros’. R-rated comedy Tag, with about $8.2 million; and Fox’s superhero sequel Deadpool 2, with about $5.3 million.
Check out the full Top 10 below and stay tuned for a follow-up article next week, when Sicario: Day of the Soldado and Uncle Drew come along.
1. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – $150.6M
2. Incredibles 2 – $80.9M ($350.3M)
3. Ocean’s 8 – $11.6M ($100.3M)
4. Tag – $8.2M ($30.3M)
5. Deadpool 2 – $5.5M ($304.1M)
6. Solo: A Star Wars Story” – $4M ($203.3M)
7. Hereditary – $3.8M ($34.6M)
8. Superfly – $3.3M ($15.2M)
9. Infinity War – $2.7M ($669.4M)
10. Won’t You Be My Neighbor – $1.8M ($4.1M)